If you are looking for a dream job that would give you the chance to change other's lives, to open new doors to opportunities, then you will find it here...
Instuctor Development Course (IDC) will prepare you to independently teach scuba diving in different levels and the course focuses on the skills you need to develop as a professional scuba diving instructor. It is a challenging course but the reward in the end is priceless. You need to be ready to dedicate your time and energy to this course and need to be organized in order to be successful and earn this level.
When you become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI), you will be authorized to teach all core levels of PADI courses/programs from Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) to PADI Divemaster course. Also, you can increase the number of courses you teach by attending Specialty Instructor courses after you become an OWSI.
- PADI Divemaster or leaderhip level with another diver training organization, including:
- 18 years old
- Certified diver for six months
- 60 logged dives, documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation. To attend the Instructor Course (IE), instructor candidate should have 100 logged dives.
- PADI Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a pysician within the previous 12 months
You can complete this part with home study or classroom sessions. Some of the topics we cover are Teaching and PADI System, General Standards and Procedures, Risk Management, Marketing PADI Courses, Business of Diving.
Practical part of the course focuses on skill presentations and teaching techniques:
- Knowledge development presentations (Classroom presentations)
- Confined water presentations
- Open water presentations
- Skill demonstrations
- Open water rescue assessment.
Course Price = 750€*
*This price excludes PADI training materials, Instructor Application fee and Instructor Examination (IE) expenses..
Being an EFR Instructor is an exit requirement for Instructor Examination, therefore candidates who don't have the rating can have the EFR Instructor Course parallel with the IDC. In this case, EFRI course price (250 €) is paid separately. Please read the details.
PADI Instructor Examination: Please click to read the details.
After successfully completing the examination, candidates pay the Instructor Application fee directly to PADI. Instructor Application fee: 129 GBP.